Prince of Peace has one “blended” worship service on Sunday mornings at 10:30 a.m.
We include both traditional music and liturgy, along with video and more modern additions. Formal and informal attire is acceptable—whatever makes you feel comfortable. We celebrate the Lord’s Supper monthly—usually on the first Sunday of the month. Childcare for little ones age 4 and under is available in our nursery playroom during worship. Children up to age 7 are offered Bible Talk & Play in the nursery at 10:30 a.m. Older children and ‘tweens are offered opportunities, in addition to Faith 5, to learn about discipleship through child-chosen service projects, and to learn about the Bible and faith through art, performing skits/plays in worship, and being a part of the worship leadership team. Children over 7 are also given worksheets in worship to help them learn more from the service.
We love music of all kinds at Prince of Peace. Contact Music director Suzann Barthold if you would like more information about our music program, or if you would like to join one of the music ministries. You don’t have to be an expert, read music, or be a member in order to join us. Among the groups you can participate in are:
- Our Sanctuary Choir rehearses on Thursdays, 7:30-9:00 PM.
- Our Bell choir, known as the “Boyles Memorial Ringers,” rehearses on Wednesdays, 7:30-9:00 PM.
Children and Youth:
- In the past, we have offered “Nova Ringers,” a Bell Choir for youth (grade 4 and above).
- We have a Baroque Ensemble which performs occasionally in worship as well as lots of opportunities for individual instrumentalists to enhance our Sunday Morning worship. Our youth are encouraged to participate as soloists and in ensembles.
- In addition to our Sunday morning worship services, we offer special services during the holy seasons, Wholeness services quarterly, weddings (straight and same-sex), and funerals. For more information on these special services, contact the Pastor.
Listen to music performed during Prince of Peace’s worship services.
April 1, 2018 – Run with Me to the Garden by Nolan – Flutes: Nicole Campbell and Susan Carmichael – Sanctuary Choir – Piano: Suzann Barthold
January 14, 2018 – Here Am I, Send Me by Wells – Sanctuary Choir – Piano: Suzann Barthold
August 27, 2017 – Traditional Chinese/Tibetan Blessing Song – Voice: Ying “GG” Tang with Electronic Accompaniment
June 4, 2017 – Poor Wayfarin’ Stranger by Morris – Saxophone: Stephen Smith – Handbells: Boyles Memorial Ringers
May 28, 2017 – Amazing Grace (arr. Curnow) – Euphonium: Don Burleson – Piano: Suzann Barthold